|Map type||Capture the Flag|
|Release date:||December 2, 2021|
|Last updated:||December 17, 2021|
|Developer(s):||Harlen "UEAKCrash" Linke|
Aeon "void" bollig
|Environment:||Smissmas, industrial, alpine|
|Health Kits:||×8 • ×1|
|Ammo Boxes:||×6 • ×2|
Doublefrost is a community-made Capture the Flag map released during the Smissmas 2021 update. It is a winter-themed version of Double Cross.
Doublefrost was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- Main Bridge: Directly opposite each team's spawn room on the floor below lies the main bridge, linking the two bases. A truck, crates, and snow are scattered across it, partially blocking sight-lines. There is a single toll booth on both sides, each with a small health kit inside. This bridge offers a direct route to the enemy courtyard and Intelligence room.
- Train Bridge: Below and perpendicular to the Main Bridge is the Train Bridge. This can be reached from the Main Bridge via a set of stairs on either side. The Train Bridge offers access to each base's extensive sewer system, with a medium health kit placed in the precise center of the bridge itself. A bottomless pit lies below it - falling off this bridge is certain death. Unlike the original Double Cross, the two raised structures standing either side of the Main Bridge are not blocked off by invisible walls, allowing players to jump over or on top of them similar to the roofing above the Battlements.
- Intelligence Room: The Intelligence sits in the middle of a small room below and to the left of each team's spawn room. It has three access points: An upper gantry leading towards the spawn, the main doorway leading to the courtyard, and another doorway leading to a refuse area, which can be reached from the Battlements. In the Intelligence room, a security panel tracking "time until Smissmas" can be seen, featuring miscellaneous references and various Christmas-themed alerts.
- Courtyard: Opposite the main base entrance and below the spawn room is the Courtyard. This open area links the Main Bridge to the Intelligence room, as well as the spawn to the Intelligence room via an upper gantry. There is a small shed here, providing access to the Sewers via a short drop. A small health kit and ammo box can be found underneath the gantry.
- Battlements: A small Sniper deck can be accessed from the spawn room. This runs parallel to and looks out over the Main Bridge, with each team's deck opposite the other. From here the Intelligence room may also be accessed via a short drop into the refuse area.
- Sewers: The bottom level of each base is comprised of a network of tunnels and maintenance rooms. They are accessed from either inside the base via stairwell near the entrance, the shed in the Courtyard, or from a one-way chute in the spawn room dropping into a pool of water, most of which is frozen over. Both sewers exit to the Train Bridge. A small health kit and a medium ammo crate can be found at the foot of the stairs.
Main article: Community Doublefrost strategy
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
December 2, 2021 Patch (Smissmas 2021)
- Added Doublefrost to the game.
- Fixed a number of visual issues
- Fixed a number of clipping issues
- Added nobuild triggers to spawn doors
- Major reforestation initiative funded
- Fixed missing texture
- Fixed a few minor visual issues
- There are clip brushes outside of red side of the bridge that spell UEAK CRASH.
- There is a secret room in the top of the BLU building tower with many references to UEAKCrash, one of the map creators.
- A train, a sawblade, and a lasergun can be seen on pedestals, in reference to one of UEAKCrash's other maps Trainsawlaser.
- A link to a bandcamp for Bog Wizard can be seen on one of the walls.
- Behind the fences on the main bridge connecting the two bases, there are festive-themed models:
- On the RED side, some reindeer models can be seen. One has a glowing red nose is at the front, which references Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
- On the BLU side, to the right, two snowmen wearing sunglasses can be seen. The larger one has a spiked mohawk, while the smaller has a pink scarf and hat.
- There are model trains hidden throughout the map.
- Not counting the moving trains under the Christmas trees, there are three in BLU's base and four in RED's base.
- There is an additional model train behind the BLU fence outside.