|Release date:||August 19, 2008 Patch|
|Ammo Boxes:||×2 • ×2 • ×2|
Time to hide, cowards!
— The Heavy taunting trapped enemies
Well is an Arena map and a modified version of Well (Control Point). Along with Lumberyard, Ravine, Granary (Arena), and Badlands (Arena), it was released with the Heavy Update as one of the first official Arena maps for Team Fortress 2.
Well (Arena) is comprised of mainly the Control Point version's central capture point area; other areas are blocked off and inaccessible. Spawn points for each team are moved further up, and the large water canals have been removed in favor of small pools that directly connect to the main building's nexus.
Central Building (Mid)
Where most of the fighting takes place, the Central Building is an identical copy of Well's regular mid.
- Entrances: The building is marked by its four doors, two on either side separated by train carts.
- Catwalk (Point): Connected by four ramps, the point itself is located on a catwalk suspended above the ground level of the central building.
- Train Rails: Along the ground level of the Central Building are two train rails that run through the Entrances. Beware as trains often run through them.
- Battlements: Across from the central point are the battlements that overlook the spawn yard, a common spot for Snipers and Soldiers to safely pick off enemies.
Train Yards (Spawn Areas)
The area between the corresponding team's spawn room and the Central Building. The yards are somewhat identical copies of Well's train yards except the main base entrances have been replaced with a single small spawn room, the waterways have been removed, and train cars moved.
- Waterways: A pair of subterranean water pools connecting the outside of the buildings with the inside. These are often used by Spies to quickly enter the building, Cloak, cross, and exit to get behind the enemy.
- Boxcars: Right outside the spawn are two boxcars stopped on the rail tracks. These can be used as cover when a losing team must retreat or resort to turtling.
- Speaker: There is a speaker above BLU spawn which can be reached by stickyjumping.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
Control point timing
August 19, 2008 Patch (Heavy Update)
- Added Well (Arena) to the game.
- Updated the skybox.
- Made some miscellaneous material improvements.