Gorge (Capture the Flag)
|Gorge (Capture the Flag)|
|Map type||Capture the Flag|
|File name:|| |
|Health Kits:||×2 • ×11|
|Ammo Boxes:||×10 • ×4|
Gorge (Capture the Flag) is a map added in the Smissmas 2014 update for the Mannpower Gamemode. It is a shortened version of Gorge, with a missing middle area. Certain control points around the map are missing, and there are briefcases at each team's spawn replacing their last points. Certain areas and map boundaries are changed significantly to allow bettered use of the Grappling Hook.
- Spawning Rooms: Behind the Intelligence is the respective team's spawn room. There are three entrances into the spawn room: One in the right of the center containers, and one on both sides of the walls.
- Supply Shack: A small shack-like structure rests to the left of the Intelligence. The structure has a ladder onto the roof, and the inside houses a medium health kit and large ammo kit.
On both sides of the map are drainage ditches between the main center structure, and the structure guarding the outside Intelligence Platform. The surrounding area has multiple possible paths on both foot and by Grappling Hook.
- Forward Structure: A building lays in front of the Intelligence Platform. From here there are multiple ways through it and around it, all of which can be used to the player's advantage.
- Interior: The interior is small, yet has multiple entrances around it. It can be used for bring the fight to a close quarters environment or to sneak by.
- Roof: Rooftop access is achieved through the Grappling Hook. Snipers can use the roof to their advantage, and other players can use the roof to quickly get past the building.
- Pathways: There are two concrete pathways through the ditch. One is on the side, and the other is on the bridge in the center. Both have the possibility of spawning a Powerup.
The Central Facility is a two floor structure littered with Powerups. Both teams cannot grapple over the building and must pass through the interior to get to the other side.
- Entrances: On both sides of the main facility are two entryways, one on the right, and a dual entrance on the left.
- Stairways: On the sides and center hallways, there are stairways to the upper floor. The hallways and stairs may also have Powerups on them.
- Central Area: The room where the RED and BLU sides cross. The room is filled with possible Powerup spawns on the lower floor, and upper catwalks. There are also side rooms on the second floor containing medium health and ammo kits that can only be accessed by Grappling Hook.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
ctf_gorgeto the game.
ctf_gorgeto fix lighting issues.
- Added enemy team
func_nobuildvolumes to the capture zone areas in
ctf_gorgeto prevent spawn-camping sentries.
- Fixed players being able to get outside of the map.
- Opened access to the flat rooftop by the capture zone area.
- Reduced capture trigger size to match capture area on
- No longer in Beta.