|“You are so small! Is funny to me!”
This article is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help Team Fortress Wiki by expanding it.
Notes: Add locations.
|Release date:||December 2, 2021|
|Last updated:||January 5, 2022|
|Developer(s):||Dylan "doggoh" Lee|
Bailey "Glitch2" Hodges
Oliver "OverPovered" Pennanen
Jesse "Custard1" Budd
Peter "Tabby" Bryant
William "Cheesypuff" Bartley-Bolster
Hugh "Huezee_" Madoc Schneider
Jonas "grambee" Carson
Chrisoph "Gadget" Manschitz
Alberto 'Petachepas' Zarzuela
Kirill 'Le Bruhe?' Ruzanov
|Hazards:||Big Mama, Pitfalls, Fatties,|
|Health Kits:||×12 • ×5 • ×2|
|Ammo Boxes:||×1 • ×10 • ×6|
Bread Space is a community-made Payload map released during the Smissmas 2021 update. It is set in a decaying moonbase where a giant Bread Monster lurks in an excavated pit. Scattered around the site is evidence of attempts to fight off murderous, strange forms of toothy and tentacled tumorous bread. There are scenes of wrecked structures, barricaded rooms, attempts at studying the forms, and desperate mad scrawlings on the walls. BLU team is tasked with pushing a drill cart into the maw of the Bread Monster while RED must defend the bread monster as they have turned into mind-controlled "breadheads".
There are multiple flank routes to the last point and the map contains multiple chokepoints.
Bread Space was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
Several Bread Forms (lat. Panismorphs) are encountered on the level.
Cross-top shells are found deeper into the level. They will not open for the players but are suspected of infecting RED Team through "spores".
Possessing only upper teeth, tentacled Breadcrabs possibly come from the Shells; and are rarely found alive, never in reach of the players. Graffiti suggests that they attach to the heads of victims, taking over their minds.
Posibly contracted from spore pariticles emmited by opened shells, Burstchester is a form that rapidly develops within the chest of a victim (but not within the timeframe of a Payload round), then bursts out of the chest, taking the form of a small, juvenile Bread Monster that crawls off to eat and grow.
Littering the facility are corpses of Bread Monsters that appear to have succumbed to their immense green tumors. These are tentatively named 'Fatties' in a recovered Report of Postmortem Examination, Case No. SW1969-04275. They are extremely hazardous as the swollen tumors rupture and spray strong acid when disturbed.
- Big Mama (Specimen 79)
Big Mama is an incredibly huge Bread Monster that had crawled into Tyco Excavation's borehole. Its tentacles reach throughout the moonbase.
- When surrounded only by its protective "Bread Heads" (mind-controlled RED Team), Big Mama lies dormant at the bottome, seemingly sleeping, but at great enough depth to cause a lethal fall.
- When the cart reaches the Gate, Big Mama is roused, reaching her length above the borehole and roaring.
- After roaring and retracting to just protrude out of the borehole, Big Mama snaps at and gibs any player that touches it.
Checkpoint A : Outer Perimeter
- Front Yard: The area where Cart starts. It is a desolate piece of terrain without much of anything it it.
- Observation Posts: In one of Front Yard's corners, a group of antennas and other equipment can be seen.
- Upper pathway: Branching off from the Front Yard to left, a small route which leads onto a vantage point besides the first checkpoint is present.
Checkpoint B : Transition Area
- Tycho Corp: On the bottom left side of the Map is a tall, white building called "Tycho Corp".
- Slope: After passing capture point A, Cart will make a turn to the right and start descending down a slope.
- Cave Flank: On the Slope's right side is tight flank route to the Overrun Room.
- Overrun Room: The Structure which houses the second control point. It displays signs of struggle and violence, as marked by numerous blood trails and disrupted furniture.
Checkpoint C : The Caves
Checkpoint D : The Pit
- Excavation Drill Site
- Coring Platform
- Air Ducts
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
- It's possible to place stickies on the bomb cart and spawn door. If the bomb cart moves or spawn doors open, the stickies will float in the air.
- It is possible to jump or fly right though the body of Big Mama while it is roaring.
- The name "Bread Space" is a reference to the Dead Space franchise.
- Rupturing, fluid-filled pustules are an element of one of the Dead Space Necromorphs.
- Outside the first RED spawn, the number "1979" can be seen, this is the year when the movie Alien was released.
- Regarding the Report of Postmortem Examination, W.B Blair, R.D. Copper (lost both arms), and J.P. Fuchs ("burned" to almost nothing) are characters in the 1982 movie The Thing (the initials for the names giving tribute to the actors playing those roles).
- There are some drawings by "Hatman" resembling the ones drawn by Rattman from the Portal universe
- In a barricaded room to on side of the middle Spawn, and inside an inaccessible Control Room on a drop-down next to the second Point, the scrawl "HE WOULDN'T STOP HE WOULDN'T STOP HE WOULDN'T STOP HE WOULDN'T STOP ..." relates to the origin of the Bread Monster in the Soldier doing nothing but teleporting bread for three days.
- In the final RED spawn room there is a frozen skeleton in a cryopod; this is a nod to Futurama's main protagonist Fry.
- Certain computer screens are scrolling common x86 assembly code, which originally purported to be instructions to the Robots in the now removed Robot Destruction map, Asteroid.