SnowVille is a community-made Player Destruction map added in the Smissmas 2020 update.
SnowVille is a winter-themed version of Sawmill. Polar lights can be seen in the sky and snow can be seen falling and covering most of the ground and rooftops. Christmas lights can be seen hanging at certain places around the map, and presents can be found all across the map. The center shed now features a large, decorated Christmas tree in the center of the delivery zone, surrounded by presents.
Other than visual and aesthetic changes, SnowVille also has some notable map changes. These include: the moving saw blades by the capture point have been removed; a large portion of the water has now been frozen over; the BLU side features a double-platformed delivery zone structure, and the RED side features a larger, single-platformed delivery zone; the second-story platforms in the sawmill building have been extended to the entire length of the building, now with a small health kit and ammo box; and both teams' sides of the sawmill building now have a drop-down into the sewers, leading to the opposing team's delivery zone.
SnowVille was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- Rooftops: Outside each spawn room are walkways which lead to the roof of the building directly across from them. Another wooden plank connects these rooftops to the Alcoves inside The Mill.
- Garage: On the right hand side of RED or BLU's spawn area is a garage with medium health kit and entrance to the delivery zone on the opposing team's side of the map.
- Small Delivery Zone: Located on the right hand side of RED's spawn area, large icicles hanging from the top of the gray cliff are found in place of the usual waterfall. Below is a partly frozen over water pool. In the center of the pool is a small, double-platformed delivery zone with a mini health kit on the second floor. A medium health kit can be found in the water underneath the delivery zone. There is also a cave path that goes through the cliff with a small health and medium ammo kit inside.
- Coal Shed: On the right hand side of BLU's spawn area is a wide shed, full of timber and fenced-off piles of coal, standing over a partly frozen-over flooded ditch. A large part of the shed is marked as a delivery zone. A medium health kit sits on top of the ice underneath the delivery zone.
- The Cave: A cavern makes a wide loop through the cliff behind the small delivery zone (as mentioned above).
- Wood Shed: On the right hand side of RED or BLU's spawn area is a wide shed, with some timber and large logs. A medium health and ammo kit sits outside on the foundation.
- Center Shed: The center of the map is dominated by a large shed that houses multiple entries for either team. Within the center of the shed is the map's central delivery zone. A large, decorated Christmas tree sits in the center of the delivery zone, surrounded by presents. Logs and saw blades rest against the walls of either side of the shed, underneath the upper platforms.
- The Alcoves: On either side of the delivery zone within the center shed, perpendicular to the large ground floor entrances, are two windowed ledges, with stairs leading down to the ground floor. These small "rooms" have platforms extending past the protection of the wall on the opposite side of the staircase, with small health and ammo kits.
- Sewers: Next to the entrance on the ground floor of each side of the center shed is a small drop down into sewers, allowing stealthier access to the delivery zone on the opposing team's side of the map.
Inside the Center Shed, where the delivery zone with the tree is located
Roof entrance to the point
Side entrance to the delivery zone shed
RED Sewers Lower Entrance (near Small Delivery Zone)
December 3, 2020 Patch (Smissmas 2020)
- SnowVille was added to the game.
December 9, 2020 Patch
- Fixed ground texture incompatibility with
- Fixed clipping issues.
- Rewrote HUD file to not conflict with custom HUDs.
- Festivized the middle pine tree.
- There are conveyor belts in both spawn areas that carry items through a machine that wraps them up into presents. RED's spawn area has coal being wrapped, while BLU's has Stock weapons being wrapped. These areas can be seen through either the large interior window right outside of each team's spawn room door or through a fence inside the bottom floor of both spawns.
- When using
r_drawclipbrushes 1, a clip brush in the shape of a hammer can be seen on top of the tree at the middle building. This hammer is the logo of compile pal, a community-made map compiler for use in Source engine mapping.