Thunder Mountain (Capture the Flag)
|Thunder Mountain (Capture the Flag)|
|Map type||Capture the Flag|
|Released:||March 12, 2015 Patch|
|Health Kits:||×25 • ×24 • ×0|
|Ammo Boxes:||×7 • ×9 • ×21|
Thunder Mountain (Capture the Flag) is a Mannpower map added in the March 12, 2015 Patch. The layout of this map is essentially two copies of stage A from the Payload version of the map. A passage only reachable via Grappling Hook or Jumping connects the two endpoints. The briefcases are located near the spawns, on platforms that cannot be reached by foot.
Both sides of the map are complete copies of the Stage A area of the original Thunder Mountain. All the cart tracks have been removed, as well as certain map features that required the cart.
- Intelligence Platform: Above the death cliff next to each team's spawn is their respective Intelligence sitting on top of a small towering platform. The only way to access it is by using the Grappling Hook or Jumping methods (such as Rocket Jump) to safely cross the pitfall.
- Courtyard: Just outside spawn is a courtyard that resembles Thunder Mountain's Stage A, Checkpoint 1. The area has no changes from its Payload counterpart outside of the removal of the cart tracks.
- Bridge Spot: At the end of the Courtyard is a small, tighter section of woodwork. The unraised bridge from the Payload version of the map has been removed.
- Ramp Structures: Up the first ramp to where Checkpoint 1 used to be are several interior structures. To the left on the ground level is an entrance where the second floor can be accessed by grappling. The second and third floors, their catwalks, and their front and rear entrances can be used for combat advantage.
- Rail Path: The former Payload rail path has several structures on the sides that contain kits as well as alternate paths around the area.
The two sides are blocked off by a large wall of buildings. To get across to the other side, players have one of two options.
- Center Opening: The building with the garage door that opened up Stage B has been replaced with a larger structure that shows the corresponding team's logo. Near the top is an opening that players can grapple to. Inside the open are medium health and ammo kits.
- Side Hallways: On both opposite sides there are entrances to inner hallways for players who wish to travel on foot. Inside is a max ammo kit and a small health kit.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
- Added new map
- Fixed being able to get to rocks in the death cliff Intelligence areas
- Fixed being able to escape the playable part of the map
- Fixed being able to get on top of the center tower roof
- No longer in Beta.
- Fixed being able to build on rocks outside of the fence by the capture points.
- Flag return time increased from 15 to 30 seconds.
- Removed a fence top ledge that Snipers could exploit.
- On the RED side near the Intelligence platform, the forest skybox is missing.
Since the Stage A area is an exact copy, the RED and BLU character appearances and the train are present.