|Mann vs. Machine
|August 15, 2012 Patch
(Mann vs. Machine Update)
| ×2 • ×7 •
Mannworks is a Mann vs. Machine map, released in the Mann vs. Machine Update. The map contains 6 missions: the Normal mission Mann-euvers, the Intermediate missions Mean Machines and Mannhunt, the Advanced missions Machine Massacre and Mech Mutilation, and the Expert mission Mannslaughter.
The map holds several smaller interior structures scattered all over the place. These structures and the surrounding platforms around them can be useful as cover, as well as the interiors themselves useful as hiding places for Teleporters.
- Quick Lime Factory: The main factory is where the central hatch is located. There are two paths on the left and right for robots.
- Dual Structures: There are two small structures in front of the hatch which can be accessed through separate stairways: one on the left side of the hatch, and one in the front. The buildings have small openings, perfect for Snipers.
- Red Structure: A red structure located at the mid left side of the map. Contains medium health and ammo kits. On its right side it has a wall outside that can be used as cover.
- Center Structure: A brown structure located at the center of the map. Contains two medium health kits and a medium ammo kit.
- Robot Spawn: In front of the center structure is a small valley that is serving as the robot spawn. The robots spawn from the left and right side of the valley. Next to both spawns are wooden barriers where Tanks spawn from on certain waves.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
- Added Mannworks to the game.
- Adjusted clipping on left side drop down where bots may become stuck.
- Fixed lighting seam near base.
- Fixed vphysics prop error in console.
- Minor clipping pass on areas players may become hung up on.
- Blocked bots from being blasted into the tank tunnel
- Added nobuild to stairs on center building where Engineers could build out of reach of Sentry Busters
- [Undocumented] Fixed an exploit on Mannworks to prevent players from getting to normally unreachable areas.
- The player can build on the rocks near the left side of the robots' spawn area.
- Giant robots tend to get stuck on the main drop downs for a short period of time before coming down.
- It's possible for Engineers to build inside of spawn. 
- Several bags of Mann Co. Corpse-Grade Quicklime are visible in the map, the same brand used by Miss Pauling to dispose of The Director in Meet the Director.
- The Mann Co. Quicklime model is an adaption of the labels for "Commercial Grade Quikrete 5000" and "Ready-To-Use Quikrete" concrete mixes.
- Among many other uses, quicklime is a key ingredient in the making of cement, which is the binder in modern construction concrete.
- Contrary to cultural myth, quicklime is not a means of rapid dissolution of corpses with "minimal residue".