|Mann vs. Machine
|August 15, 2012 Patch
(Mann vs. Machine Update)
| ×5 •
| ×3 •
Decoy is a Mann vs. Machine map, released in the Mann vs. Machine Update. It is an abandoned town built near an anthracite coal mine and gravel quarry. In preparation for Gray Mann's robot invasion, the buildings have been poorly altered by the Soldier to resemble a crude facsimile of a Mann Co. facility. The map contains 7 missions: the Normal mission Doe's Drill; the Intermediate missions Doe's Doom and Day of Wreckening; the Advanced missions Disk Deletion, Data Demolition, and Disintegration; and the Expert mission Desperation.
- 'Mann Co. Hatch of Great Importance': The 'bomb hatch' of the map. Contains three different pathways for robots.
- Base Bridges: Two bridges connect the hatch to the rest of the map. Under the bridges is a ditch with two side tunnels to the topside. There's a couple crates that players can use to jump onto a broken staircase for a quicker way back to the hatch.
- Left Cliff: Accessible from the left side of the central base. Contains max Health and Ammo kits and access to the Left Structure.
- Center structures: The structure in the center of the map. Contains roof access in the back. Inside the building is a Medium Ammo Pickup. The inside also serves as a hiding place for a Teleport.
- Left Structure: Contains access via ramp in the front.
- Right Structure: Underneath is an interior pathway containing a lone Medium Health Kit.
- Structure Bridge: The central bridge that connects the two side structures. The first line of defense in front of the robot spawn.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
- Added Decoy to the game.
- Updated Mvm_Decoy
- [Undocumented] Added saucers and posters to Decoy.
- [Undocumented] Removed Saucers and Posters from all maps.
- The chances for each of the 3 paths to be chosen are not even. There is a 40% chance for the middle-left path, a 40% chance for the middle-right path, and 20% for the top left path (as seen from the defenders' spawn, not the robots').
- On the right side of the house in the middle, bots can get stuck on the bomb if it is dropped there.
- In Doomsday, a secret room contains a map with a picture resembling Decoy labelled "Cactus Valley". In Decoy, a large wooden sign on one of the buildings near the center of the map says "Cactus Valley" on it, and the tutorial video shown before the player enters the map is called "cactus_valley.wav".
- Decoy was later mentioned in Shadow Boxers, when Gray Mann's robot army refer to the Soldier as "the genius who masterminded the decoy base."
- In the building to the right facing the robot spawn is a room filled with half-done and misspelled wooden signs, several cans of white paint and paintbrushes, and a contract signed by Saxton Hale allowing Soldier to "Trick Robots". The signs are obvious failed attempts made by the Soldier during construction of Decoy.
- The view of three buttes mostly buried in sand behind the RED Spawn references the Monument Valley Visitor Center view of the West and East Mitten Buttes and Merrick Butte.