|Ammo Boxes:||×2 • ×4 • ×2|
The Administrator sees this as a perfect opportunity to show the good people of Badlands that you're not just armed psychopaths blowing up all their landmarks on a daily basis.
— Miss Pauling
Badlands is an Arena map, and is a modified version of Badlands (Control Point). Badlands, along with Lumberyard, Ravine, Well (Arena), and Granary (Arena), was released with the Heavy Update as one of the first official Arena maps. Similar to other modified arena maps, Badlands (Arena) is primarily the central control point area of its Control Point version, with the only major difference being the inclusion of water underneath the small bridges left of each team's spawn room.
The goal of the player's team is to eliminate the entire enemy team or capture the central control point when it becomes available, after 60 seconds in a round.
The bridge is an identical copy of the middle point on Badlands (Control Point).
- Bridge: The location of the Control Point. The Control Point is placed over a railroad track, and is adjacent to two freight trains with crates on top of the freight.
- Valley: Each team has a path that goes under the bridge, connected from the spawn areas.
- Rail Cars: There are rail cars located on either side of the capture point. Not only do these cars serve as cover, they also divide the bridge in half. The boxes on top of the cars are slightly smaller than the cars themselves, which allows for any class to jump over them by first jumping onto the car.
- House: On both sides of the bridge, there is a house with a window and balcony. This spot is typically used as a Sniper nest.
- Pillars: Each side has a pair of rock pillars that allow access from the bridge onto the balcony next to the window.
- Closet: The closet is a smaller house that leads up from a dirt ramp from the valley and exits out next to the rail cars.
Teams will use the first forward respawn that is regularly used in Badlands (Control Point). Entrances to the base and the spire are blocked.
- Well: Next to the spawn under the grey bridge is a pool of water which can be used to extinguish flames or remove Mad Milk and Jarate.
- Spire: The spire is inaccessible; the entire area around it has been fenced off.
- Choke: Serving as an entrance to mid, the choke is located behind the rail cars.
- House: The house is the main entrance to mid. It exits out right onto the bridge or from a small battlement right next to the Window.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
Control point timing
|Both capture points||×1||
August 19, 2008 Patch (A Heavy Update)
- Added Badlands (Arena) to the game.