|Map type||Control Point|
Background01 is a version of Dustbowl's Stage 3, Point B edited to function as a background map. Although this feature is unused in the PC version, it can still be seen in its intended form by going into the Developer Console and typing
- Since this map was intended to only be used as a background and not to be played on, it has many odd features.
- Most of the geometry of the map has been removed, leaving only what the camera should see with a bit more out of sight.
- Behind the camera, models of all the playable classes, as well as some common entities and props can be seen. This is used for asset precaching for faster loading.
- This map places the skybox directly below the visible area with no barrier separating them, meaning that the visible area is also rendered as part of the skybox directly above.
- The camera position differs from the playable map's spectator camera.