|“You are so small! Is funny to me!”
This article is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help Team Fortress Wiki by expanding it.
|Released:||July 12, 2023 Patch|
(Summer 2023 Update)
|Hazards:||Pitfall, Payload Cart explosion, Drowning|
|Health Kits:||×11 • ×16 • ×1|
|Ammo Boxes:||×9 • ×18 • ×4|
Phoenix is a community-created, single-stage Payload map added in the Summer 2023 Update. Drenched in brilliant sunlight that highlights reddish canyon landscapes, it is set in a national forest and reservoir area within the Badlands of the southwestern United States. BLU team has unloaded their Payload from a disguised van and plan on pushing it to blow up RED team's nearly completed hydroelectric dam. RED must stop them.
Phoenix was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- BLU team's first spawn, having four exits out onto an area with three water features:
- Stream: BLU's left exit into shallow water towards a path up to a flank.
- Gate House: Near BLU's middle exits, the Gate House's bridge crosses fire-extinguishing water.
- Pond: A flank close upon Checkpoint A. BLU's right gate onto the Pond unlocks only when Checkpoint A is captured.
- Arch: A natural arch forms the first choke.
First Capture (A) The Rest Stop
- Restrooms: A deeper sheltered area behind the Car and Camper under a large jumpable Awning.
- Tunnel Gate: Opposite the Restrooms is a shortcut tunnel between Checkpoints A and B that opens when Checkpoint A is captured.
- Trestle: The wooden trestle is the choke between Checkpoints A and B.
- Jump Gate: A flank building beyond the Trestle, same side as the Tunnel Gate. This gate also opens when Checkpoint A is captured.
Second Capture (B) RED Warehouse
The building enclosing RED's First spawn and Checkpoint B.
- Loading Zone B Gate: A gate opening when Checkpoint A is captured, leading to the Loading Zone battlements overwatching the point.
- ABC's Gate: A BLU flank to an overlook over the Rollback, opening when Checkpoint B is captured, noted for directions to the first three points.
- Cliffside: A flank from Checkpoint B to Checkpoint C.
- Rollback: A choke around a rollback ramp.
Third Capture (C) Power building
- The location of Checkpoint C. The upper levels have flanks to Checkpoint D.
Final Capture (D) The Hydrodam
- The final point is located at the base of RED team's hydroelectric dam. To capture the last checkpoint, BLU must lift the cart on an inclined elevator. After reaching the top, the lift plummets to the bottom and explodes, destroying the dam.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
- Added Phoenix to the game.
- Fixed missing materials.
- Fixed various physics props obstructing the Payload cart.
- Increased Red respawn wave time on D from 8 to 9.
- Fixed projectile collision bug around the Payload elevator track.
- Fixed a case where the Payload cart could get stuck at the base of the elevator.
- Various clipping fixes.
- Various visual fixes.
Sign with the hotline number of 666 and a hanging corpse, similar to the one featured in Meet the Sniper.