In 2630 BC, the ancient Egyptians hauled up massive amounts of stone from this dig site for their pyramid-shaped tombs. Now, millennia later, honor their effort by filling those tombs to brimming with bullet-riddled, shrapnel-filled corpses in this fast-paced King of the Hill map.
has multiple variations, including Halloween
Lakeside is a community King of the Hill map and was added to the game in the February 24, 2011 Patch. Lakeside is set in an ancient Egyptian temple along the shore of a large lake. The second official Egyptian-themed map, Lakeside is very reminiscent of Egypt, as it shares many of the same models, lighting styles, and textures.
This map is also the map used for the Spectral Halloween Special, as the Halloween-themed Ghost Fort.
- Note: Left/right or right/left options show the positions from both sides. The first options apply when on the RED Team, and the second options apply when on the BLU Team.
- Spawn Rooms: The area where each team spawns has one Resupply Locker, located inside a fairly large room. At the front of the room, two doors, leading left and right, lead to the Team Courtyard.
- Team Courtyards: Each team has an area immediately outside of their Spawn Room, that is blocked off into three Chokepoints, an entrance through a small wooden structure (left/right), an entrance through a chiseled-sandstone archway (middle), and a long, winding tunnel through a natural rocky formation (right/left). Each team's tunnel Chokepoint has two Small Health Pickups in it.
- Forts: Outside the wooden and sandstone Chokepoints, each team has a large area that again, leads to more Chokepoints, but only two. On the right/left, there is another Chokepoint running through a wooden structure, which leads to the Obelisks. Meanwhile, on the left/right, there is a small wooden ramp that leads to an elevated area, which contains a small wooden deck, and a room to the right/left, both of which are partially shielded from the Obelisks. On the deck, there are two Small Ammo Pickups and a Small Health Pickup. Underneath the Fort is a small ground-level exit, which forms the second Chokepoint. This area leads to the Health Room, which is shielded from the Obelisks by a wall. From the room at the top of the forts, a bridge runs along the top of the second wooden Chokepoint, which leads to the Ammunition Room.
- Ammunition Rooms: Each Ammunition room is accessible directly from each Fort and from each tunnel Chokepoint leading from the Team Courtyard. It is a small tower to the right/left, with a Medium Ammo Pickup. To its left/right, there is a large, flat, elevated area made out of sandstone that connects seamlessly with the Fort and the tunnel, and leads into the Water Temple.
- Health Rooms: The Health Room is a small tower located to the far left/right, just below and to the left/right of the deck, which contains a Medium Health Pickup. There is one for both teams.
- Water Temple:The Water Temple, which can be accessed immediately from both Ammunition Rooms, is a large temple with a small pool of water in the middle of the room. The water is situated below floor level, and there is a small podium in the middle with a Large Health Pack on top of it. There is only one Water Temple, which is used by both teams. The Water Temple leads directly to the left/right, to the Obelisks.
- Obelisks (Control Point): This is another large, elevated, flat area made out of sandstone, with a Control Point in the middle and two large Obelisks pointing towards the sky, one for each team. The two Obelisks shield the Control Point from the Forts, with the Obelisks being situated towards each respective Fort. Being elevated, any direction of attack towards the Obelisks tends to be from below, with the lengths of ground between each lower level of the Forts acting like a ditch. The Water Temple faces the Obelisks, from the same elevation, and the whole stretch leading between the Obelisks and the Water Temple effectively creates another Chokepoint. As such, there is a small barricade within the the Water Temple that faces the Obelisks directly, which serves purely as a Sniper spot.
- Ammunition Archway: This is a very small area that directly faces the Water Temple, but lies on the other side of the Obelisks. It doesn't lead anywhere, as the rest of the area is blocked off by a fence. However, under the Ammunition Archway there lies a Large Ammo Pickup. There is only one Ammunition Archway.
Control Point timing
February 24, 2011 Patch (Community Map Pack Update)
- Added Lakeside to the game.
July 10, 2013 Patch
- Fixed rockets passing through terrain near the capture point.
September 10, 2015 Patch
- [Undocumented] Added saucers and posters to Lakeside.
November 25, 2015 Patch
- [Undocumented] Removed Saucers and Posters from all maps.
- This map has the same hieroglyphics on the walls as the Attack/Defend map Egypt. These include a Heavy with his Minigun, a Sapper, two small Sticky Bombs, a large Sticky Bomb, a level one Sentry Gun, the Backstab symbol, a simplified Demoman face, a crocodile, an Ubersaw, a Soldier (sitting down), the Team Fortress logo, a hamburger and what could be construed as a Pyro (mainly because of an axe-like protrusion at the front of a silhouetted figure).
- Near a patch of water outside a fence, there is a boat that says "Freeman - Airboat Tours" on the back, referencing the Half-Life 2 Airboat, as well as the game series' protagonist, Gordon Freeman. This was also used in Mountain Lab.