|Map type||Payload Race|
|No. of Stages:||3|
|Health Kits:||×17 • ×8 • ×2|
|Ammo Boxes:||×2 • ×9 • ×17|
Your team must simultaneously push your cart through enemy territory, in order to reach the finishing point, while preventing the enemy team from doing the same. There is no time limit; the round only finishes when one team reaches the finish line first.
Stage A (Docking Bays)
Stage A is located at the teams' docking bays, separated by a gate in the middle where the Payload tracks cross.
- Docking Bay: On both sides next to the spawn area and across from the capture point is a docking bay.
- Gate: In the center of the stage, where the tracks cross lies the gate which separates each team's sides.
- Central Flank: Next to the gate is an entrance which leads up flanks that cover both of the teams' areas near the gate.
- Side Flank/Staircase Area: From each team's side is a flank which connects to both teams' docking bays. On BLU's side, it is more notably the winding staircase.
Stage B (Terminal)
Stage B is located at a train terminal which connects to both team's sides.
- Terminal: The train terminal situated in a tunnel which connects both team's sides.
- Battlements: Each team's spawn areas are surrounded by battlements which contain many small houses and the flank entrances.
- Maintenance Room (Flank): Accessible from the battlements is maintenance room which serves as a major flank. It exits out above the capture points.
Stage C (Heart of the Factory)
Stage C appears to be located in the heart of the factories which surround the pipeline stages. The final stage contains a set of ramps that each team must push their cart up. If a cart is left alone on one of the ramps, it will slide back down.
- Basin: The basin is the area below the ramps containing a stream and an entrance to a set of staircases that lead to the upper flank.
- Ramps/Tracks: The ramps are situated in the center of the stage parallel with each other.
- Battlements/Roofs: From each team's spawn areas are battlements which connect to the spawns and roofs.
- Stairs/Upper Flank: From the basin is a staircase which leads to the upper flank, or the half way point after the first ramp. The Upper Flank also has two exits from the spawn rooms.
- In stage A, explosions or fire by the gated wall at the starting gate can harm or kill players standing close enough on the other side.
- In stage C, there is a way to build buildings in the back of both spawns. The location is at the back of each spawn room, in the corner near the white object. For the RED spawn, this is the left corner. For the BLU spawn, this is the right corner.
- The Sniper sent a postcard to his mother detailing his experiences fighting at "Scenic Pipeline".
- Pipeline was first seen in the background of the Bonk! Atomic Punch page for the Scout Update page. The image shows the third stage of the map, but with the traditional desert theme (during the day) rather than the night time industrial style used at its release.
- Near the center of the Map of Badlands, beside the Badwater Pipeline that stretches out across the Badlands, is a drawing in profile of the center ramps with a bomb cart on the ramp, presumably locating the Pipeline game map on the region map.
- Greetings from PIPELINE postcard - Official Team Fortress website