|Release date:||December 2, 2021|
|Last updated:||December 8, 2021|
|Developer(s):||Ryan "Chill" Foy|
Denis "xB33" Varchulik
Elián "Iron" Rodríguez
Oliver "OverPovered" Pennaned
Matthew "Panckakebro" Hiller
William "Cheesypuff" Bartley-Bolster
|Health Kits:||×7 • ×11|
|Ammo Boxes:||×1 • ×17 • ×2|
Polar is a community-made Payload map released during the Smissmas 2021 update. It is a Smissmas version of the custom map Coal.
Polar was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- Christmas Tree: Right outside the Blu's right spawn exit, a large yard containing a decorated Christmas tree can be seen.
- Boulder: Directly attached to the Blu spawn is a rocky boulder.
- Brick Building: Right across the Blu spawn, the Brick Building serves as a shortcut to the first checkpoint.
- A point Building: Overlooking the point A is a large, rectangular building. It has four entrances/exits, one of which is a gate which can only be opened from the inside.
- Sentry Deck: In front of the aforementioned A building is a simple wooden deck with some cover. Often a major defensive position.
- Chute: An industrialesque building which contains a chute leading to the Jenkin Coal Co.
- Jenkin Coal Co.: Named after the sign plastered on it, this is a large building complex right in the middle of the map. Besides acting as a shortcut to B, it also houses the Blu's second spawn.
- Concrete platform: Opposite the Jenkin Coal Co. is a small cement platform with a chainlink fence. Has a medium Health and Ammo pack.
- Sniper's Hut: As indicated by its name, this wooden hut often houses Red Snipers.
- Dropdown: Not actually a dropdown. Just a room with an elevated Platform, only accessible via blast jumping. It also has a large healthpack.
- Gates: Just before reaching checkpoint C, the Cart will stop and wait for the metal gates in front it to open up.
- Flank: On C's right side is a simple building serving as a flank route around the Gates.
- Shack: Located right next to the Red's third spawn.
- Clearing A piece of flat, elevated ground. Also found right in front of the Red's third spawn.
- Factory: A large complex building. Composed of multiple floors, routes, staircases and opening. Whoever controls this building usually wins the battle of checkpoint D.
- Shipping Crates: Some shipping crates can be seen just in front of the Delivery Pod.
- Delivery Pod: The pit in which the Blu is supposed to throw the Cart. Although it is a Pitfall, it is covered by wooden planks for the majority of the game. As such, it does not claim many victims during the round.
Main article: Community Polar strategy
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
December 2, 2021 Patch (Smissmas 2021)
- Added Polar to the game.
- Fixed a clipping issue with a window.
- Fixed a displacement.
- Added a second route into C
- Detail fixes