Arena Offblast is a fast-paced, high-altitude community map set in a top secret missile silo wedged into the top of a hollowed-out mountain. Open-air paths and narrow hallways converge on a central control point located just under the silo’s blast doors.
This mountaintop arena also boasts a sheer cliff face encircling the battleground, giving you the chance to help your opponents improve their tactics. Specifically, anyone you blast over the side will get some time to think about the various flaws in their “standing next to the edge of a cliff” strategy as they plummet to an excruciating, non-respawnable death.
Offblast is an Arena map. It was one of the community maps chosen by Valve due to its outstanding quality, and was included in the Classless Update as an honorary official map.
The map consists of a large secret missile silo built into a mesa in the middle of the desert. Precarious ramps scale the sides of the mesa, leading up to an innocent looking mill that is connected to the inside of the hollow mesa, while long catwalks and corridors dominate the spytech-styled interior.
- Spawn Rooms: The spawn rooms are located outside the silo next to the tunnel entrances to the main building. Straight out from the spawn are the cliff-side paths which lead up to the House.
- Cliff-Side: Along side the mountain are dirt paths which lead to three different entrances to the main building. From the bottom is the tunnel entrance, from the top is the house entrance, and higher up is the side entrance.
- House: Atop the paths there is a house which separates each team's spawn area. Next to the house is a small unfenced walk-able cliff to the other side. The house has two floors, the bottom containing the main entrances and the top containing the entrance to the main building. A small health pack can be found inside the house.
- Bottom Floor: The Bottom Floor is located below the Control Point bridge. It connects to the two tunnel entrances outside each team's spawn areas.
- Main Floor: The center of the Main Floor contains the Control Point bridge. Next to the bridge are two large staircases which lead to the bottom floor. Across from it is the house entrance.
- Top Floor: The Top Floor is the smallest floor and is mostly made up of hallways. There are two ramps coming from the Control Point bridge which lead to the top floor and a small room which overlooks the point. Entrances to the top floor are located at the very top of the cliffside dirt ramps.
Tunnel to lower cap area from spawn.
Tunnel to spawn area from lower cap.
Control point timing
August 13, 2009 Patch (Classless Update)
- Added Offblast to the game.