|File name:|| |
The map allows modellers to easily test their creations in a controlled environment, with the option to save and load multiple configuration setups quickly. For normal players, it provides a means to preview combinations of cosmetic items, paints, and particle effects.
The map consists of a Resupply locker in the top center section of the map. To the top left hand side there is a small walkway that bends halfway through. After dying, the player respawns in a few certain locations on the map.
It is important to note that certain unlockable weapons, when spawned onto a player, will not work as intended. For example, weapons that change the ragdoll of a dead player also will not work (such as the Saxxy). This is because Itemtest will load the item's model, but not the unique stats, so the stats are shared with the default weapon the unlockable weapon is based upon.
To access the itemtest map, type
map itemtest into the console. Once loaded, the console command "
itemtest" will display the item testing menu, containing controls for the addition of custom models. Up to four items can be equipped on each class.
The testing menu also includes functions to spawn and manipulate multiple bots with varying behaviours (such as running, crouching, etc). A second command "
itemtest_botcontrols" pulls up a smaller HUD menu with options to alter bot behaviour quickly without the need to bring up the full test menu, making it ideal to bind to a specified key.
The menu also allows custom configurations to be saved and loaded quickly. Configurations are stored in files with the "
.itf" extension, and by default are saved to the player's
cfg directory in
/team fortress 2/tf/cfg/.
- Added Itemtest to the game.
- The map's filename was changed from
- Fixed the "itemtest" command.
- Fixed the server automatically creating votes while in training or using itemtest.
- [Undocumented] Added Resupply Cabinet and respawn area.
- [Undocumented] Fixed BLU spawns all being in the same place.
- It is possible to equip items on classes they are not intended for by spawning a bot of the class that can equip the item, equipping the item on them, and then using the Itemtest menu to change the bot's class.
- Some items don't show up in the item selection menus, which means they cannot be equipped. These include the:
- Itemtest will occasionally cause the game to crash when being used.
- If the player has
tf_min_viewmodelset to 1, using a weapon from Itemtest may set the value to 0 instead.