|July 2, 2015 Patch
(Gun Mettle Update)
| ×7 • ×8 •
| ×3 • ×10 •
Note: If you are having trouble with finding the locations listed here, see the Helpful overview section to see their exact position marked on the map.
Control Points 1 & 3
- Control Points: The control points are in the center of a large, open turbine room, and beside it is respawn of the point's corresponding team.
- Control Room: The control room is a room with terminals above the turbine room with the control points. The room area provides access to one route that leads to the control point. There are doorways through on the top, and on the bottom. Inside are a max Health and Ammo kit.
- Launch Pad room: The large hall that leads to the control room and the outside. Contains three exits: To the right, a small tunnel to the front left, and the far left. There is also a medium Health and Ammo kit.
Control Point 2
- Control Point: The control point is located on a platform above the drainage ditch. It is accessible from the team oriented ramps, and from the water.
- Team Sides: On both sides of the ditch are concrete paths with barriers for cover. On both sides there are medium Health and Ammo kits.
- Battlements: Each team has their respective building which overlooks the entire middle area.
- Water: There is a small drainage ditch that is deep enough to drown in. The only way back up if the player falls in is from the ramp to the control point.
- End of Paths: At the end of the paths is a platform with barrels for cover, as well as small Health and Ammo kits. By the control point is a narrow path to walk across.
1.End of paths 2.Team sides 3.Chokepoint 4.Launch Pad room 5.Control room Red diagonal lines: Red spawn Blue diagonal lines: Blu spawn
Purple circle: Middle/second point Green circles: First/third points
Main article: Community Powerhouse strategy
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
Control Point timing
|Control Point 1 and 3
|Control Point 2
See also: Obtaining Powerhouse achievements
Powerhouse has 5 map-specific achievements.
- The intro screens for the map state that the winning team is the first to cap all five points, while the map only has 3.
- A dev texture exists near the drainage pipe platform. It can be seen on the last concrete indention to the wall on BLU's side.
- It is possible to explosive jump into the rafters at each team's final control point.
- Glass is missing from RED’s final, whereas the window in blue has detail and glass.
- In both team's bases, there are multiple references to outer space in the Team Fortress 2 universe.
- Behind both team's spawns is a room filled with rockets similar to the ones seen in the bases at Granary.
- To the side of the rocket room is a metallic room with a lone spherical chair similar to the aesthetics of Asteroid.
- At the center of each base is a closed launch pad with a rocket inside prepped for launch, and above a partly opened roof shutter.
- In each team's spawn rooms, there are cubes of some unknown metallic ore, similar to those seen on Asteroid, next to the trash cans.
- In the control room near the team oriented control point is a computer terminal and bulletin board with several references.
- On the terminal, there is a launch sequence code "111....1". This is a code said by Soldier in Meet the Spy.
- On both the terminal and the bulletin board, there are references to Poopy Joe.
- The bulletin board has a newspaper referencing the Apollo 11 Moon landing.
- The terminal says "Capacity: Lolololol", referencing "Copyright Lolololol", a phrase commonly seen on the title cards of the Meet the Team videos.
- The UI layout of the terminal is a reference to the computer terminals from the 1979 movie Alien.
- Development of Powerhouse actually started in 2007, but was left unfinished. Around the time Gun Mettle was being worked on, however, the original developer decided to finish and publish the map.
- There are multiple hidden and unfinished areas on the map. This includes a waterfall, a dam-like structure, and seemingly-scrapped rooms connected to the last points on each building. Many of the areas are explored in this video.
- In between both bases, where the waterfall is, there are hidden doors leading to unfinished battlements and rooms.