|Map type||Mann vs. Machine|
|Release date:||August 15, 2012 Patch|
(Mann vs. Machine Update)
|Health Kits:||×2 • ×5|
|Ammo Boxes:||×4 • ×12|
Other mining museums may promise guided tours, “employees” and functioning bathrooms, but only Hale’s Coal Town offers the authentic mining experience! Smell the coal dust! See the coal piles! Don’t touch any of the exposed wiring!
Coal Town is a Mann vs. Machine map released in the Mann vs. Machine Update. The map contains 6 missions: the Normal mission Crash Course, the Intermediate missions Cave-in and Quarry, the Advanced missions Ctrl+Alt+Destruction and CPU Slaughter, and the Expert mission Cataclysm.
A Halloween-themed nighttime version of this map, Ghost Town, was added in the Spectral Halloween Special. This version of the map has a single, unique mission: the Nightmare mission Caliginous Caper.
The hatch area has two pathways for mercs and four possible pathways for robots.
- Left Side Hotel (Bottom Floor): The 'Panoramic View of Coal' is a max health and ammo kits.
- Left Side Hotel (Top Floor): Pathway for robot waves. Contains medium health and ammo kits.
- Right Side Mann Mining: Pathway for robot waves. Contains max health and ammo kits.
The Salt Rock is the center area of the map.
- 'Mining Accident Simulator': Bottomless death pit behind the structure. Pyros can airblast robots into the hole for easy kills.
- Salt Rock Interior: Entrance inside the building is accessible from the left lane. Contains a lone Max Ammo kit. Excellent for hiding Teleporters
- Rooftop: On the left side is a platform for Snipers. The right side has a bridge to the right lane catwalks.
Robots spawn from the front and sides of the closed mineshaft at the end of the map. On certain waves a tank comes out from the mineshaft. Near the spawn is a Sniper vantage point with large ammo boxes on both sides. The robots only have one path they can take until they reach the Salt Rock.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
August 15, 2012 Patch (Mann vs. Machine Update)
- Added Coal Town to the game.
- Blocked bots from being blasted into the tank tunnel.
- Blocked giants from getting stuck under the stairs in the final pit.
- When standing on the rocks where robots spawn on the left side and switching weapons in the loadout, players respawn at spawn with their new loadout (provided
tf_respawn_on_loadoutchangesis set to 1).
- In the description of the "Historic Secretarial Alcove", "Bilious" is misspelled as "Bilius."
- Preservation of a working coal mine as a museum is not unheard of -- one such mine is in Wales (Big Pit National Coal Museum).
- The clipboard found on the "Secretarial Alcove" exhibit has a text on the bottom, which reads "DO NOT REMOVE FROM PREMISES."
- There is a large ammo pack and medium health kit located out of bounds. They are both behind the lone medium ammo pack on the top right path.