|Map type||Mann vs. Machine|
|Health Kits:||×2 • ×5|
|Ammo Boxes:||×4 • ×12|
Coal Town is a Mann vs. Machine map, released in the Mann vs. Machine Update. The map contains 6 missions: the Normal mission Crash Course, the Intermediate missions Cave-in and Quarry, the Advanced missions Ctrl+Alt+Destruction and CPU Slaughter, and the Expert mission Cataclysm.
A Halloween-themed nighttime version of this map, Ghost Town, was added in the Spectral Halloween Special. This version of the map has a single, unique mission: the Nightmare mission Caliginous Caper.
The hatch area has two pathways for mercs and four possible pathways for robots.
- Left Side Hotel (Bottom Floor): The 'Panoramic View of Coal' is a max health and ammo kits.
- Left Side Hotel (Top Floor): Pathway for robot waves. Contains medium health and ammo kits.
- Right Side Mann Mining: Pathway for robot waves. Contains max health and ammo kits.
The Salt Rock is the center area of the map.
- 'Mining Accident Simulator': Bottomless death pit behind the structure. Pyros can airblast robots into the hole for easy kills.
- Salt Rock Interior: Entrance inside the building is accessible from the left lane. Contains a lone Max Ammo kit. Excellent for hiding Teleporters
- Rooftop: On the left side is a platform for Snipers. The right side has a bridge to the right lane catwalks.
Robots will spawn from the front and sides of the closed mineshaft at the end of the map. On certain waves a tank will come out from the mineshaft. Near the spawn is a Sniper vantage point with Max Ammo kits on both sides. The robots only have one path they can take until they reach the Salt Rock.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
- Added Coal Town to the game.
- Updated Mvm_Coaltown
- Blocked bots from being blasted into the tank tunnel.
- Blocked giants from getting stuck under the stairs in the final pit.
- In the description of the “Historic Secretarial Alcove”, Bilious is misspelled Bilius.
- Preservation of a working coal mine as a museum is not unheard of -- one such mine is in Wales (Big Pit National Coal Museum).
- The town that the Pyro burns down in Meet the Pyro resembles Coal Town, possibly being a modified version of it.
- The clipboard found on the “Secretarial Alcove" exhibit has a text on the bottom, which says: "DO NOT REMOVE FROM PREMISES".
- There is a large ammo pack and medium health kit located out of bounds. They are both behind the lone medium ammo pack on the top right path.