|Mann vs. Machine
|August 15, 2012 Patch
(Mann vs. Machine Update)
| ×2 •
| ×4 •
Coal Town is a Mann vs. Machine map released in the Mann vs. Machine Update. The map contains 6 missions: the Normal mission Crash Course, the Intermediate missions Cave-in and Quarry, the Advanced missions Ctrl+Alt+Destruction and CPU Slaughter, and the Expert mission Cataclysm.
A Halloween-themed nighttime version of this map, Ghost Town, was added in the Spectral Halloween Special. This version of the map has a single, unique mission: the Nightmare mission Caliginous Caper.
The hatch area has two pathways for mercs and four possible pathways for robots.
- Left Side Hotel (Bottom Floor): The 'Panoramic View of Coal' is a max health and ammo kits.
- Left Side Hotel (Top Floor): Pathway for robot waves. Contains medium health and ammo kits.
- Right Side Mann Mining: Pathway for robot waves. Contains max health and ammo kits.
The Salt Rock is the center area of the map.
- Mining Accident Simulator: Bottomless death pit behind the structure. Pyros can airblast robots into the hole for easy kills.
- Salt Rock Interior: Entrance inside the building is accessible from the left lane. Contains a lone Max Ammo kit. Excellent for hiding Teleporters
- Rooftop: On the left side is a platform for Snipers. The right side has a bridge to the right lane catwalks.
Robots spawn from the front and sides of the closed mineshaft at the end of the map. On certain waves a tank comes out from the mineshaft. Near the spawn is a Sniper vantage point with large ammo boxes on both sides. The robots only have one path they can take until they reach the Salt Rock.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
- Added Coal Town to the game.
- Blocked bots from being blasted into the tank tunnel.
- Blocked giants from getting stuck under the stairs in the final pit.
- When standing on the rocks where robots spawn on the left side and switching weapons in the loadout, players respawn at spawn with their new loadout (provided
tf_respawn_on_loadoutchangesis set to
- In the description of the "Historic Secretarial Alcove", "Bilious" is misspelled as "Bilius".
- Preservation of a working coal mine as a museum is not unheard of -- one such mine is in Wales.
- The clipboard found on the "Secretarial Alcove" exhibit reads "DO NOT REMOVE FROM PREMISES".
- There is a large ammo pack and medium health kit located out of bounds. They are both behind the lone medium ammo pack on the top right path.