Coal Pit has multiple variations, including Attack/Defend.
|Map type||Control Point|
|Release date:||December 5, 2022|
|Last updated:||March 1, 2023|
|Developer(s):||Aaron 'Aar' Pearson|
Joel 'zythe_' Morscher
Lauren 'Yrrzy' Godfrey
Liam 'Diva Dan' Moffitt
Harlen 'UEAKCrash' Linke
|Hazards:||Fire, Explosive Snowmenn|
Coal Pit is a community-created Attack/Defend Control Point map added in the Smissmas 2022 update. It is a winter-themed version of Gravel Pit.
Coal Pit was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
Control Point A: The Radio Tower
- BLU Spawn Base: Located on one side of the map, the BLU base has two exits - one to point A on the left and the other one to point B on the right.
- A Side Tunnel: The tunnel which connects BLU's spawn yard and the point A battlefield.
- Valley: The valley is the area between the two dirt paths which lead up to the control point building. There are numerous small buildings in this area.
- Paths: On both sides of the area are snow paths which lead to the top of the area and the control point building, as well as tunnels to the right that lead to points B and C.
- Radio Tower: The radio tower houses the control point. It is atop the dirt paths at the far end of the valley. There are two floors, the upper floor with the Control Point and a floor beneath. On the side of the building is a set of stairs which lead up to the control point from the valley.
Control Point B: The Radar
- B Side Tunnel: There are two tunnels coming from the BLU base to point B. The Short B to the left exits in front of a small house and next to the A/B connector. The Long B to the right exits out on the far side of the B area near a rock formation.
- A/B Connector: Between the A and B areas is the A/B connector which is a tunnel that connects from the point A area to point B just under BLU's short B Tunnel exit.
- The Radar: The Radar is the building which houses the Control Point. It has two main entrances, each on opposite ends. There are four windows, two on each side which are all open and accessible. The roof also contains a dropdown directly to the point.
- Balcony: Directly outside the entrances to point C is the Balcony. It's a high area which serves as a vantage point for most of the B area. There are two ramps on either side which lead down to ground level, and two separate rooms that lead to point C.
Control Point C: The Laser Gun
- RED Spawn Base: Located directly adjacent to Control Point C, on the opposite side of the area from the tunnels to Control Points A and B.
- The Laser Tower: In the center of the area is the giant multi-floored tower, atop which sits a laser gun and Control Point C. There are three floors to the tower, with access points at ground level and bridges connecting to the catwalks.
- Catwalks: All along the outer edge of the area are the catwalks. These are metal walkways which are accessible via four entrances, two from the A/C connector tunnels and two from the B/C connector tunnels, as well as from two ramps adjacent to either side of the RED spawn.
- Ground Level: Below the catwalks and surrounding the tower is the ground level. On the far side is an entrance which leads to the A/C connector tunnels.
Main article: Community Coal Pit strategy
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
December 5, 2022 Patch (Smissmas 2022)
- Added Coal Pit to the game.
- Improved clipping.
- Fixed various perch spots.
- Decreased fog intensity.
- Removed unused particle system entities.
- Fixed a few floating trees.
- Adjusted vertical positions of snowman bombs.
- Adjusted lighting on metal sheets in blue spawn.
- Fireplaces will now light arrows.
- Added more
- Fixed some visible z-fighting.
- Minor detailing additions and adjustments.
- Improved clipping.
- Added missing color correction data.
- Adjusted BLU spawn to light better and tweak some clipping.
- Adjusted intensity and hue of lighting in various places for better readability.
- Fixed soundscape transition bugs.
- Reduced temperature by 3 degrees.
- Fixed a client crash caused by failing to decode MP3 files.
- Fixed snow displacements poking through the roof.
- Fixed bullet holes poking through soft snow.
- Fixed snowman bombs not respawning properly.
- Minor clipping improvements.
- Removed the Observer.
- Updated to adjust clipping throughout the map
- Inside the shack out of bounds next to BLU spawn, there is a hidden message from the developers.