|“Let's go, let's go, let's go!”
This article documents a recent addition. It may contain speculation, broken links or errors.
You can help improve it by editing this page to include new information.
The Neon Annihilator is a melee weapon for the Pyro. It is a neon sign with the Chinese word for "bar" (酒吧, jiǔbā), and appears to have been pulled out of the wall, due to the orientation of the characters. The neon tubes on the sides of the weapon are team-colored and glow in the dark. An electrical sound is heard when swinging.
The weapon deals 20% less damage and does not perform random critical hits; however, any attack on an enemy covered in Jarate, Mad Milk, swimming, or simply standing in water of any depth will deal critical damage. In addition, enemies are considered wet for five seconds after leaving a water source.
Enemies killed by the Annihilator suffer a distinctive death by vaporization: they turn black, hover in mid-air while performing a specific disintegration animation surrounded by team-colored particles, and then disappear into ashes.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Attack interval||0.8 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
|Third Degree||Reclaimed Metal||Neon Annihilator|
|Class Token - Pyro||Slot Token - Melee||Scrap Metal|
- The Neon Annihilator was added to the game.
- The battery's texture has a nod to the Facepunch forums on it ("def2fp"). The BLU team skin was originally going to say "props2fp" but was changed by Valve. 
- On the Update Page the damage penalty is incorrectly labeled as a firing speed penalty.
- The weapon was originally pitched as a Chinese lantern. The idea was ultimately dropped at Valve's suggestion.
- On death, the item stands itself back up, like a normal sign sticking out of the ground, even though it is supposedly taken from a wall.