| Basic information
| Map type
|| King of the Hill
| File name:
| Map Info
| Deep Water:
| Map Items
| Health Kits:
|| ×2 • ×4
| Ammo Boxes:
|| ×2 • ×2 • ×2
After watching the Chocolate Factory for the 27th time, Robin Walker went completely crazy and yelled to everyone in the building "if this next update doesn't have chocolate waterfalls, we won't have any more hats". Of course, we couldn't take any risks, so we made went on and made a completely new King of the Hill Easter-themed map in a matter of hours: Eggmill!
Eggmill is a King of the Hill map. It was released with the Eastralian Update. This is an Easter-themed version of Sawmill. It includes many gameplay elements that are unique to the map.
The goal is to capture the control point and seize it for a duration of 3 minutes, while stopping the other team from doing the same.
In this version, health packs are instead replaced with chocolate eggs and egg baskets. Exploding bunnies are scattered strategically throughout the map and explode when shot, damaging and possibly killing players (regardless of team) in close proximity. Killed players will randomly drop a Crit-boosting Easter egg.
An overview of the Eggmill map.
- The Chocolate Waterfall: Located on the right hand side of RED's spawn area, a chocolate waterfall flows down from a gray cliff into the center of a large pool of chocolate. Logs form a floating path across the pool, although the water itself is not too deep. A mini health kit can be found in the center of the logs. There is also an obvious 'hidden' path that goes behind the waterfall that can be used in case of watchful enemy eyes.
- The Cave - A cavern makes a wide loop around one side of the map behind the waterfall, and can be defended at either end.
- Log Shed: On the right hand side of BLU's spawn area is a wide shed, full of timber, standing over a flooded ditch. Another mini health kit sits on a pile of planks within the shed.
- Center Shed: The center of the map is dominated by a large shed that houses multiple entries for either team. Within the center of the shed is the map's control point. Two large, circular Head Saws move linear to the control point, generate large amounts of noise, and serve as deadly obstacles to players as they attempt to capture the point. Logs are suspended above the area.
- Rooftops - Outside each spawn room are walkways which lead to the roof of the building directly across from them. Another wooden plank connects these rooftops to the Alcoves inside The Mill.
- The Alcoves - On either side of the control point, perpendicular to the sides dominated by the blades, are two windowed ledges, with stairs leading down to the ground floor. These small 'rooms' can be defended by a determined Engineer, if he sets up a Sentry nest early.
Inside the Center Shed, where the control point is located
Caves behind the waterfall.
Roof entrance to the point.
Side entrance to the point.
April 1, 2013 Patch (Eastralian Update)
- koth_sawmill_event was added to the game.
Control Point Timing
- Although the publicity blurb lists halloween mode, Sawmill has not been released in that version.
- Health packs in this map appear as blue, yellow, or red easter eggs according to the amount of health they give (small, medium, and large respectively).
- When Scouts gib on this map, as opposed to having a 1/100 chance of containing doves, they have a 1/100 chance of containing easter bunnies.