| Mercenary Park (map)
| Basic information
| Map type
|| Control Point
| File name:
| Release date:
|| October 20, 2017
| Last updated:
|| December 21, 2017
| Map Info
|| Daylight, overcast
| Deep Water:
|| Crocodiles, Pitfalls
| Map Items
| Health Kits:
|| ×2 • ×14
| Ammo Boxes:
|| ×1 • ×11 • ×5
| Map Photos
Welcome...to Mercenary Park!
— Saxton Hale announcing the park
Mercenary Park is an Attack/Defend Control Point map released during the Jungle Inferno Update and featured in the Jungle Inferno video. It is a biological research facility and weapons factory that was repurposed as "Yeti Park", but was changed hastily to just a fighting park after Saxton Hale killed the last Yeti in existence.
Certain features of the map depict a bloody running battle with a large, escaped beast, the result of experimentation on large (and peaceful) animals by the Yti-Hale corporation, enhancing them for strength, aggression, and escape. ("That was the whole bloody point!")
- Monorail station: First BLU spawn.
- Main Ticketing: interactive space, cafe, and parrot.
- Playground: The play equipment in this open space is kept to a minimum to encourage youthful guests to fight over it.
- Snack bar.
Mann Co. building
- Supply warehouse for the park.
- Helipad: First advanced BLU Spawn, which opens when the Receiving Bay is captured.
- Steroid room: Steroid storage is on the other end of the warehouse from the BLU spawn.
- Capture point A -- Receiving Bay -- Beneath the Transfer gantry crane.
- Capture of this point closes access to the Playground and opens access to the Test Pit (C).
- Transfer gantry crane. Catwalks between the upper levels of the Mann Co. building and Processing. Operator station can view the point.
- Transport cages: Yti-Hale Shipping. Two-level flanking of the Capture point. The highest can be reached by jumping.
- Dock: crocodile-infested water.
Crocodiles on Mercenary Park
- Capture point B -- Lab -- (hidden beneath the point are three inaccessible stories of fluid tanks).
- Monorail station: First RED spawn, which closes when the Receiving Bay is captured.
- Processing: Final advanced BLU Spawn, which opens when the Lab is captured.
Research and Captivity
- YTI: Institute for Research and Development
- Elevator: This elevator was used to transfer specimens between the ten cages, the Lab, and the Test Pit.
- The elevator cage is at the upper level; the grated floor is the lower level.
- Access to Research and Captivity is though the lower and upper level elevator doors.
- These doors are blocked to both sides until the Receiving Bay (A) is captured.
- Cave: A flank though ventilation and a cave to the rear corner of both levels of the Test Pit.
- Side Stairs: A relatively hidden flank between the two levels.
- Capture point C -- Test Pit -- Capture wins the round for BLU.
- Monorail station: Final RED spawn, which opens when the Receiving Bay is captured.
Control Point timing
October 20, 2017 Patch #1
(Jungle Inferno Update
- Added Mercenary Park to the game.
October 23, 2017 Patch
- Fixed enemy players being able to enter opposing spawn rooms.
- Fixed an area near cap B where engineers could build in an inaccessible area.
- Fixed spawn room doors sometimes becoming blocked.
December 21, 2017 Patch #1 (Smissmas 2017)
- Added a forward spawn for BLU when attacking the final control point.
- Added a connecting stairwell to the mid-structure of the final control point.
- Fixed area portal rendering issues between the first and second control points.
March 28, 2018 Patch #1
- Fixed RED being able to shoot through the roof of BLU's starting spawn.
- Changes to control point C
- BLU's spawn time has been slightly lowered.
- The upper-mid route window now has a small opening for attackers to use.
- Players can no longer build on the very top of the crate stack overlooking the control point.
- Increased cover next to the control point.
- Increased the size of the metal supply next to the cover stack.
- Added a vent route that exits behind the new cover.
- Bullets no longer go through the chain fence wall at the ramp connecting lower and upper.
- It is possible for Pyros to shoot flames through BLU team's first spawn's right door.
- Sentry Guns can be placed on the Mercenary Park sign.
- Sentry Guns can be placed on BLU team's third spawn.
- The name Mercenary Park is a reference to the 1993 film Jurassic Park.
- Similarly, both plots for the parks revolve around containing dangerous animals for the public, which eventually escape.
- This is the first Team Fortress 2 map to feature animated crocodiles as a death hazard.
- There exist two unused rooms in Mercenary Park:
- To the left of the first Control Point and behind the fence, there is a mostly empty, dimly lit room with two floors and a dropdown between the two.
- Directly underneath the second Control Point is an partially lit area that has walls lined with cages and cylindrical containers.
The building that holds the unused room by Control Point A.
The inside of the building.
The unused room underneath Control Point B.
Overview of Control Point C.
- ↑ A Fate Worse Than Chess, cover page.
- ↑ Barrels of anabolic steroids in the Mann Co building warehouse and elsewhere around the map.
- ↑ Jungle Inferno (Video), 2:16.
- ↑ Community-taken Screenshot