This item has two styles, named "Salty" and "Smoky". The "Smoky" style adds a pipe in the classes' mouths, while "Salty" keeps the item's original appearance.
The Salty Dog was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
Main article: Paint Can
Mouseover cells to preview the images on a dark background. Click on the images to enlarge them.
Main article: Styles
- The Salty Dog was added to the game.
- Fixed some clipping issues with The Salty Dog.
- Updated paint effects for The Salty Dog.
- Updated models/materials for The Salty Dog.
- [Undocumented] Updated the Salty Dog so it can be equipped by all classes.
- [Undocumented] Added styles to the Salty Dog.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- Updated the Salty Dog to hide the Scout's headphones.
- If a player dies while using the "Smoky" style, both the hat and pipe will fall down the ground in the same place, leaving them as if they were "floating" apart from each other.
- Caps such as this have been a long time symbol of offshore command and are favored by modern day yacht owners.
- "Salty dog" is a nautical slang term for an experienced sailor.