Full Head Of Steam
See also: Foundry achievements
Achieve 7 of the achievements in the Foundry pack.
Reward: Full Head Of Steam
- The Full Head Of Steam was added to the game.
December 15, 2011 Patch #2
- [Undocumented] The Full Head Of Steam now appears as a proper name with "The" prefixed.
- When the Sniper taunts with a melee weapon while wearing this item, he does not take off the hat.
- When the Spy uses Your Eternal Reward to backstab a player wearing this hat, the disguise does not wear the hat.
- The name of this hat references the practice of preparing a steam engine for operation. It was necessary to exceed a certain threshold of pressure in the boiler before the engine could be operated. This procedure was referred to as building a "full head of steam." The phrase has also come to describe any significant amount of driving force or momentum.
- According to the museum at Coal Town, the Full Head Of Steam (referred to as a "Steam-Powered Hat Prototype") was first introduced in 1921 at the Paris World Fashion Expo by Bilious Hale in an effort to reinvigorate the nation's waning interest in all things that are powered by coal, and requires 50 pounds of coal a day to run.