| Ghost Town
| Basic information
| Map type
|| Mann vs. Machine
| File name:
| Release date:
|| October 26, 2012
| Last updated:
|| November 10, 2016
| Map Info
| Map Items
| Health Kits:
|| ×2 • ×5
| Ammo Boxes:
|| ×4 • ×12
| Map Photos
| Map Overview
Your robot attackers have been replaced by a single apocalyptic wave of zombies! How many zombies? How does 666 sound, fear friends? Because it sounds like a candy-ass pile of crap
to us! 666 is where we started. But where we ended was MORE THAN EIGHT HUNDRED!
Ghost Town (originally released as Coaltown Event) is a map that was released on October 26, 2012, as part of the Spectral Halloween Special update. It is designed for the game mode Mann vs. Machine. Ghost Town is a Halloween version of Coal Town at night, with pumpkins, gravestones, and other Halloween-themed objects scattered around. It is unique in that all robots on the map are reskinned to look like zombies, though this is purely cosmetic. The map contains only 1 mission: the Nightmare mission Caliginous Caper. As it is not playable in Mann Up mode, there is no reward for completing this mission.
October 26, 2012 Patch (Spectral Halloween Special)
- Added Ghost Town to the game.
- Added mission Calignious Caper.
July 10, 2013 Patch
- Renamed mvm_coaltown_event to mvm_ghost_town to fix a problem with voting for challenges in MvM when on Coal Town.
October 21, 2016 Patch (Scream Fortress 2016)
- Fixed Mann vs. Machine zombies not using the correct skin in Ghost Town outside of the Halloween event.
October 25, 2016 Patch
mvm_ghost_town to fix error models in the spawn rooms
November 10, 2016 Patch
mvm_ghost_town to fix the cube maps.
- When playing with minimal HUD, the bar on the top will not display correctly.
- Some of the zombie reskins encountered on this map do not have an animation for jumping into the bomb hatch; as a result, they appear to simply vanish when the wave is failed.
- When Halloween mode is disabled, the zombies will appear as humans.
- Sentry Busters will spawn with Demoman's zombified upper arms levitating at their sides, and Spine-Chilling Skull hats on their invisible heads when Halloween mode is activated.
- This can also happen to the Critical Demoknights, appearing to have a Sentry Buster model, but can't explode and attacks normally.
- At the robot's left drop point, knocking them back may cause them to become stuck in the ground and therefore invulnerable.
- There is a medkit and an ammobox that are unreachable without cheats.